Gas Safety Certificates

As a landlord you have a duty to arrange for an annual gas safety check to be carried out for “all pipe work, appliances and flues, which you own and have provided for tenants use”. This must be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe Registered engineer under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.

For further Gas Safety information for landlords visit the Health and Safety Executive.